New shared pointer -- googled

Stefan Teleman steleman at nyc.rr.com
Sat Sep 10 01:47:51 BST 2005

On Friday 09 September 2005 22:15, Frerich Raabe wrote:

> Unfortunately that is a version of a reference-counting pointer uses an
> internal reference count as well (anything which you want to use a RCPtr on
> has to inherit RCObject), but the 'unshareable' thing is useful. I don't
> know a single case in KDE where this is used (so I won't add it :-) but
> it's good to be reminded of that.

further down (the code examples which come from pages 209-210) there's an
implementation for objects which cannot inherit from RCObject  (for example
because these classes would come from a library for which one doesn't have
access to the code) -- which i think is probably better because it removes
the dependency on the RCObject base.

--Stefan

steleman at nyc.rr.com                          -Monty Python