status on the build system

tnagyemail-ml at yahoo.fr tnagyemail-ml at yahoo.fr
Fri Sep 9 10:05:28 BST 2005

> what's the status of scons/bksys? I have
> questions coming from people
> willing to start compiling kdelibs on win32, so

Though several folders compile already: dcop, libltdl,
kdefx .., there are several unanswered questions about
the new framework:
* do we want one huge config.h or several config.h per
module ?
* are the api for building the programs satisfactory ?
* how to make the admin/ folder even more modular ?
* how intelligent the tools should be ? what kind of
helpers can be added to make things easier ?

I have started to write some documentation in
trunk/KDE/kdelibs/bksys/design
have a look at the questions at the bottom and feel
free to give your opinion.

Right now the conversion of kdelibs4 cannot be achived
until these questions are addressed, and at least one
more week is needed.

Concerning Scons only, there was a new release
yesterday: 0.96.91

Regards,
Thomas

/* Thomas Nagy */