Build of kde 3.3.2 doesn/t quite finish

Andy Fawcett andy at athame.co.uk
Thu Sep 8 17:28:51 BST 2005

On Thursday 08 September 2005 19:16, Dave Feustel wrote:
> On Thursday 08 September 2005 10:55, Andy Fawcett wrote:
> > On Tuesday 06 September 2005 18:02, Dave Feustel wrote:
> > > I tried building the  3.3.2 stable kde  after raising ulimit to
> > > 256M
> >
> > Dave,
> >
> > You probably should update your OpenBSD ports tree, as there are
> > newer versions of KDE and KOffice available in there now.
>
> I know. That's why I am going to build KDE for OpenBSD myself,
>  using the KDE svn version.
>
> > If you're building 3.3.2, it looks like your ports tree is at least
> > 5 months out of date, judging from a quick look at OpenBSD's
> > cvsweb.
>
> 3.4.2 is available for OpenBSD-current, but I don't use -current, so
> I'm forced to run down-level right now.

I didn't realise OpenBSD's ports system was branched per release of the
OS. I'm used to a non-branched ports tree on FreeBSD, where the same
(latest) version of the KDE ports are buildable on all 4 major branches
of FreeBSD that are currently used.

Sorry Dave, I can't help you any more, I'm quite surprised at this
behaviour of the OpenBSD ports system.

As Nick suggested, you probably should take this build issue up with the
OpenBSD port maintainer (Marc Espie I believe), as it is something he
should be patching locally.

Andy

Andy Fawcett                                     | andy at athame.co.uk
"In an open world without walls and fences,      | tap at lspace.org