Build of kde 3.3.2 doesn/t quite finish

Nicolas Goutte nicolasg at snafu.de
Thu Sep 8 16:43:25 BST 2005

On Thursday 08 September 2005 17:37, Dave Feustel wrote:
> On Thursday 08 September 2005 10:25, Nicolas Goutte wrote:
> > On Tuesday 06 September 2005 17:02, Dave Feustel wrote:
> > > I tried building the  3.3.2 stable kde  after raising ulimit to 256M
> > > and got almost all the way through. The build stopped as shown.
> > > At this point I don't understand what happened to the module that
> > > contains the definition of  main.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Dave Feustel
> >
> > As this seems to be about BSD source package, you should perhaps ask the
> > BSD mailing list.
>
> The build downloads the Trolltech *stable*.tgz file, unpacks it, configures
> it, then does a make on the make file. There is not much that's
> BSD-specific.

Unfortunately the "not much" starts with using BSD. I am not sure that it was
correctly tested on it. (I have not, as I have no BSD.)

Also all this late KOffice 1.3.x were released in hurry due to security bugs,
so they are even less tested. (KOffice 1.3.6 would really have been needed,
but I had already too many personal problems. Now, I now that I should had
already given up the maintainanceship at that time and not a few months
later. Sorry!)

> > Otherwise, ask the koffice mailing list. (Sorry, I do not have any
> > KOffice source anymore, so I cannot check.)
> >
> > Have a nice day!

Have a nice day!