Fwd: Re: Switching to QtTestLib for unit tests

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Wed Sep 7 16:37:22 BST 2005

On Wednesday 07 September 2005 12:00, David Faure wrote:
> Moving qttestlib to kdesupport only means a higher percentage of KDE
> developers won't bother to write or check the unit tests in kdelibs. I
> don't think unit tests are optional. They are vital, especially for kdelibs
> development.

Like apidox, proper function descriptions, pre & post conditions, unit tests
and test harnesses are indicators of quality software. We need it all to be
able to claim to ISVs that kdelibs is a mature, stable and understandable
platform. That becomes _more_ important as our audience expands.

--
These are your friends - Adem
    GPG: FEA2 A3FE Adriaan de Groot