Redefining kdelibs and kdebase

Martin Ellis martin.ellis at kdemail.net
Tue Sep 6 09:42:41 BST 2005

On Monday 29 Aug 2005 10:30, Benjamin Meyer wrote:
> Just to wrap up this section of this thread on the whiteboard I have
> moved kfiledialog out of workspace and into the framework.
>
> Lets have a BOF at 7 (or 19) today

Did I miss the answer to this question?

Someone suggested it might be possible to embed the out-of-process dialog
using QXEmbed.  My initial reaction was that it's a grotesque solution, but
for all I know, it may work.

Is that feasible?
Can we expect that sort of feature in the new kdelibs?

Have people completely given up on the idea of allowing linking to libkfile?
(seems so from the other thread on this topic)

Thanks,
Martin