Fwd: Re: Switching to QtTestLib for unit tests

Brad Hards bradh at frogmouth.net
Sun Sep 4 10:40:51 BST 2005

On Sunday 04 September 2005 19:02 pm, Harri Porten wrote:
> On Sun, 4 Sep 2005, Brad Hards wrote:
> > Do you really want to import qttestlib into kdelibs? QtTestLib shouldn't
> > be a requirement to use kdelibs, only to develop it.
>
> Wouldn't it have to be LGPL'ed then?
I don't see why. It won't be linked into any libkdefoo.so or libkdefoo.a. We
might need to clarify the policy, but I don't see it as a huge issue.

> > Would it make more sense to
> > import it into qt-copy? Perhaps we could try to convince the Trolls to
> > ship QtTestLib with Qt4.1....
>
> Or that. But another non-LGPL'ed dependancy would otherwise have to be
> well seperated as commercial users would be blocked out from developing
> with KDE libraries.
As David Faure pointed out, if you are a commercial Qt licensee, then you can
get QtTestLib as a commercial Qt Solution.

If I'm not getting this, can you expand on, or clarify the specific issue that
you are seeing?

Brad