sqlite in kde4

Rafał Rzepecki divided.mind at gmail.com
Sat Sep 3 15:20:34 BST 2005

On Saturday, 3 September 2005 15:52, Matt Rogers wrote:
> On Saturday 03 September 2005 07:01, Nicolas Goutte wrote:

> > > You see, it is not just any SQL db. and it is not about SQL db in
> > > particular. We don't need to trash our libs with sql stuff. We need
> > > sqllite3 thou, because apps are using it, and it is all over the place.
> > >
> > > So I am requesting it for kde4 as a must in qt-copy configure.
> >
> > Only having it in qt-copy is not an help if it is not in the official Qt,
> > as qt-copy is not released.
> >
> > (And I suppose that if Trolltech puts it in Qt, it will be only for the
> > plugin, so probably it is still not what you want.)
> >
> > > Thanks.
> >
> > Have a nice day!
>
> I think what gregj meant to say is that we should make it a requirement
> when compiling Qt4. Whether this is qt-copy from kde's svn or a distro
> released Qt4, it should depend on sqlite and it should be noted in our
> README.qt-copy file and given as a new dependency to the packagers.

Maybe it would be best to just bundle the plugin and the sqlite with kdelibs.
On compilation:
- if qt is compiled with sqlite, we're cool,
- if qt is compiled without sqlite, but there is sqlite in system, compile the
plugin with system's backend,
- if there is no sqlite in qt and no sqlite installed, compile everything with
the budnled code.

If this is desirable depends on the extent with which we want to have
obligatory external dependencies. Anyhow, AFAIK, technically the above
solution is rather simple, just copying the appropriate dir from qt and
integrating it into the build process.
--
Rafał Rzepecki