Switching to QtTestLib for unit tests

Frans Englich frans.englich at telia.com
Sat Sep 3 16:23:48 BST 2005

On Saturday 03 September 2005 09:52, David Faure wrote:
[...]

> If you wonder what switching would mean: see attached diff for
> ktempfiletest, including the full diff for importing qttestlib to kdelibs.
> To get an automake-ready qttestlib, unpack
> http://kdab.net/~dfaure/qttestlib.diff.bz2 in the toplevel of kdelibs.
>
> OK with everyone?

It sounds great for the reasons you mention. I felt a small resistance for
porting existing KUnitTest code, but change is the pre-requisite for
improvement, as simple as it sounds. Not that it requires much work, I
realized after looking at the patch.

QTestLib looks great, but I see one feature regression: support for testing of
exception throwing. KUnitTest got patched for this, it is currently used in
kdom/. Considering its current small use I don't think it should prevent a
switch, but it would for sure be of interest to not have the feature
regression(IMHO).

I will probably submit a feature request to bugs@, but perhaps someone knows
the likelyhood of that exception-testing gets added to QTestLib?

Cheers,

		Frans

PS. It's in cases like this it would be great if SVN had multi-site
functionality combined with that Qt kept stuff on an SVN server, such that
one could do external fetches(IMHO).