Removing icons from KDE 4 Menus

Unai Garro ugarro at telefonica.net
Sat Sep 3 16:14:14 BST 2005

On Saturday 03 September 2005 13:59, Andras Mantia wrote:
> On Saturday 03 September 2005 15:13, Kenneth Wimer wrote:
> > * Andras Mantia <amantia at kde.org> [Sep 03. 2005 13:51]:

> > > Statistics about what? That it helps? No research, but just look at
> > > the answers. Many share the same opinion.
> >
> > Well, the opinions of a few developers hardly reflects the opinions
> > of all of our user-base, or?

> Yeah, but do you have a research in the user base? And aren't developers
> users? What would you expect, that everybody steps up that "I like the
> icons" from those who are subscribed in order to convince you that this
> is useful?

in case this helps, I'll add my "I like the icons" ;)

Anyway, in my experience with other users, it's true they don't read texts,
dialogs, popups, menus or anything. But they do recognise icons properly. I'm
sure you all (even those willing to remove icons) have had experiences like
this?

Icons definetely help making your actions faster. And I'd say lots of times
those menus without icon go rather unnoticed (and thus unused) by the users,
which is a shame.

My 2€cents

	Unai