Removal of menu icons (Re: Defaulting to "Icons on Buttons")

Sébastien Laoût slaout at linux62.org
Sat Sep 3 12:51:06 BST 2005

I disagree too on the removal of icons in menus.
And I would want to see the icons on buttons made default in KDE 3.5 as I
always switch them on after a KDE installation.

Le Vendredi 2 Septembre 2005 21:08, David Faure a écrit :
> For instance when I open the Folder menu in KMail, I can find the "move all
> messages to trash" menu item much much much faster by recognizing the
> well-known blue trash icon, than if I had to read each and every menu item
> to find which one talks about moving messages to trash.

Try it!

(or with the Edit menu of Konqueror, if you're not using KMail)
That's really fast to recognize the trash icon, compared to reading all the
texts.

OK, 16x16 icons requiere manual work.
But that's not a reason to remove that (and this work is already done in most
icon themes).
If every programmer would as well not implement difficult features that would
lead to easy-to-maintain applications, but useless ones...