Defaulting to "Icons on Buttons"

Nicolas Goutte nicolasg at snafu.de
Fri Sep 2 18:36:20 BST 2005

On Friday 02 September 2005 19:10, Kevin Ottens wrote:
> Le Vendredi 2 Septembre 2005 19:04, Nicolas Goutte a écrit :
> > <quote>
> > I also hope we'll reduce if not even eradicate icons from applications
> > menus and context menus.
> > </quote>
> >
> > From: http://appeal.kde.org/wiki/Oxygen
>
> And who said we have to follow this?

I am just saying that there is currently a "challenge" on the text-with-icon
display. (And read by many many people due to the reference on
http://dot.kde.org )

So it is perhaps not a good time to make buttons default to be with icons now,
if in KDE4 it might end the other way round (in the motto "if menues have no
icons, buttons should not have them either". (Welcome back to the past!).)

> That's not a guideline, only the thoughts of someone from the Appeal
> group...

There are many many ideas floating around for KDE4. Sure not all will be (and
even cannot be) implemented. However I do not know now which will be
implemented and which will not.

> Regards.

Have a nice day!