RFC: Avoiding #warning (C/C++ preprocessor extension)

Martijn Klingens klingens at kde.org
Mon Oct 31 22:29:06 GMT 2005

On Monday 31 October 2005 23:24, Michael Pyne wrote:
> Well the idea is that all of the warnings would be fixed between all of the
> compilers.  i.e. the union of all warning flags would be fixed.  This may
> be unrealistic but then again I haven't heard of compilers removing
> perfectly good warnings so that really shouldn't be an issue.

In my experience it only works locally. I used to build Kopete with -Werror
for a while, but that's not a flag one should commit.

An easy way to enable it for certain directories without having to touch files
under revision control would be a nice gimmick for the new build system, but
barring that you can always manually edit the generated Makefiles, or at
least with the KDE 3.x build system you can.

--
Martijn