general question about win32 port

Benjamin Meyer ben at meyerhome.net
Thu Oct 27 11:43:32 BST 2005

On Thursday 27 October 2005 4:34 am, Tobias Koenig wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 26, 2005 at 11:57:55PM +0200, Ralf Habacker wrote:
> > Hi all,
>
> Hi Ralf,
>
> > 1. what the KDE people think about the state the win32 port has
> > 	- full integrated into the present kde community protected by the KDE
> > e.V.
>
> Yes, absolutely!
>
> > 3. using kde bug reporting system (I remember for kde-cygwin people sends
> > bug to the kde bug system and got mainly negative feedback)
> > 	- possible
> > 	- better use a separate bugtracking system
>
> Please keep the windows bugs separated from the unix bugs. I fear most
> bug reports from windows user will be caused by wrong system setups or
> wrong DLL versions, so the important bug reports would be lost in the
> flood.

I would argue that we should try to use the same bug tracking system and if a
situation arises where most of the windows bugs are windows only then set up
another bug tracking system that can import non windows into bugzilla.

There is a number of interesting projects going on right now about reporting
bugs upstream.  The ubuntu guys have been making the biggest noise on it, but
it matters to a whole lot of people, companies, distros (hmm new company idea
here...?  Sell a product that can intigrate your local [bug tracking system,
svn, etc] into another one).  It would be an interesting technical problem to
solve elegantly.

-Benjamin Meyer

--
aka icefox