image viewers: a different approach

Anders Lund anders at alweb.dk
Wed Oct 26 14:30:50 BST 2005

On Wednesday 26 October 2005 15:11, Lubos Lunak wrote:
> > I don't see the point of having both 2 and 3. 2 is just a subset of 3 and
> > so 3 can provide everything for 2 too.
>
>  Hmm, I had this coming, didn't I? Of course. If any of the existing
> applications actually manages to do that.

Digikam does that imo. The advanced viewer, ShowFoto, is loaded with the main
application, so it loads very fast from within digikam. ShowFoto is also a
very good image editor, if you dont need to actually paint on your image, it
is a complete substitute for krita or gimp along with the plugins which
provides very advanced transformation/manipulation tools. And it is available
as a standalone application, i use it for all images that needs color
enhancements or transformations, because it's faster to load and easier to
use than krita or gimp for such tasks.

-anders
--
www: http://alweb.dk