image viewers: a different approach

Anders Lund anders at alweb.dk
Wed Oct 26 14:06:39 BST 2005

On Wednesday 26 October 2005 16:22, Benjamin Meyer wrote:
> > > What ever happened to the all in one basic viewer that can view images,
> > > pdf's, etc?
> >
> > Just to clarify, do you mean konqueror?
>
> Yes and No.  If Konqueror can view the file why do we need KView?  What is
> wrong with only having the kpart?  It is like we are pretending that
> Konqueror is good enough, but secretly we all admit that it can't do the
> job and make our own application to wrap around our kpart.

You could try setting konqueror as the default app for image mimetypes, as an
experiment to try it out. But for some unknown reason KDE does not come
configured that way. But it's actually quite nice, konqueror is fast loading
- much faster than kview - and can even support write operations to files
using service menus.

-anders
--
www: http://alweb.dk