image viewers: a different approach

Torsten Rahn torsten.rahn at credativ.de
Wed Oct 26 15:24:42 BST 2005

Am Mittwoch, 26. Oktober 2005 13:41 schrieb Michael Olbrich:
> Hi,
>
> I have been following the discussion on KView and I think we need to
> take a step back. Focusing on individual applications will only result
> in chaos.
> The first step would be to look at the different tasks we want to
> accomplish. For me there are 4:
> 1. basic viewer. For links on webpages, emails and individual local

> 2. Enhanced viewer. For image folders (photos). Basic manipulation.

> 3. Image organization. Not so much a viewer but closely related from the

> 4. Image manipulation. That's the other direction from 2.

Exactly. The aim should _not_ be to create one application which addresses any
application use case that might be imaginable.
KDE 4 should put a strong focus on _guiding_ the user and offer a task based
approach.

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards,

        Torsten Rahn

--
Dipl.-Phys. Torsten Rahn, credativ GmbH
Karl-Heinz-Beckurts-Str. 13, 52428 Jülich, Germany
Email: Torsten.Rahn at credativ.de