image viewers: a different approach

Michael Olbrich michael-olbrich at web.de
Wed Oct 26 13:05:20 BST 2005

On Wed, Oct 26, 2005 at 09:43:12AM -0400, Benjamin Meyer wrote:

> What ever happened to the all in one basic viewer that can view images, pdf's,
> etc?

I have to agree with the maintainer from kviewshell. Viewing images and
viewing (multipage) documents are completely different concepts that
don't go well together. Imho that is true for both implementations
details and interface. That said, similar actions should of course have
the same icons and shortcuts. That should apply all viewers.

michael