fakes.c outside of kdecore?

Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker at freenet.de
Mon Oct 24 15:23:32 BST 2005

Am Montag, 24. Oktober 2005 10:23 schrieb David Faure:
> On Monday 24 October 2005 06:51, Christian Ehrlicher wrote:
> > David Faure schrieb:

> > > As I said before, kdefakes has nothing to do with kdecore except for
> > > sharing the same subdir. libkdefakes is a lib of its own, so it can be
> > > used by whatever else doesn't use kdecore, independently.

> > > Right; we should add a KDEFAKES_EXPORT there.
> > >
> > > I think this would be more consistent (same solution across all
> > > platforms) than moving those implementations to the kdewin32 library.
> >
> > But then you shouldn't check for the functions in detect_lowlevel.py
> > because it depends on kde!?
>
> Ah, OK, I forgot that bksys can be used for non-kde programs. I'll move
> them to detect_kdefakes.py or something then.
Now we have kdefakes outside kdecore and kdewin32. Why not merging the
kdewin32 dir into kdefakes ?

Then anyone or any subdir which requires functions not supported on all os
have only to include kdefakes regardless of the used operating
system/compiler .

Additional this would prevent (future) command line tools only depending on qt
to be forced using kdecore. They simply uses kdefakes regardless of os.

Regards
Ralf