fakes.c outside of kdecore?

David Faure faure at kde.org
Sun Oct 23 23:17:50 BST 2005

On Monday 24 October 2005 00:04, Jarosław Staniek wrote:

> In case of win32 target, kdefakes (or some functions from it) could go to
> kdewin32 library (previously, in KDElibs3, these functions were in fact
> defined in kdewin32).
>
> Reason 1:
> Things like setenv()/unsetenv() are used not only in kdecore.

As I said before, kdefakes has nothing to do with kdecore except for sharing the same subdir.
libkdefakes is a lib of its own, so it can be used by whatever else doesn't use kdecore, independently.

> int setenv (const char *, const char *, int);
> //^^^^^^^^ <--error, no KDECORE_EXPORT here....

Right; we should add a KDEFAKES_EXPORT there.

I think this would be more consistent (same solution across all platforms)
than moving those implementations to the kdewin32 library.