[RFC] Possible KView Maintainership

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at acm.org
Fri Oct 21 21:48:56 BST 2005

I am considering volunteering to be the maintainer for KView.

I note that I was going to do this over two months ago, but my Father
died August 21 (he was 92 so it wasn't a great tragedy) and I have had a
lot of family business to take care of -- great understatement).  This
is now 90% done so I will be back working on KDE.

This would be contingent on my recruiting 5 or 6 new people to work on
it with me.  If this would be OK with the main developers, I will go
ahead and try to get some recruits.

My road map for this is to:

	Make some changes with the 3.x.y version so that it conforms to
	the current user interface guidelines.  I currently have patches
	for most of this.

	Submit it to Open Usability for recommendations.

	Remove some features to make it less complicated -- target it as
	JUST the general purpose image viewer (users that want more
	features now have other choices).

	Make some improvements in the UI code.

	Work on the current bug reports (there are only a few).

Then, consider whether it is worth the trouble to port it to KDE-4 and
see if someone will help us with the port.

--
JRT