question about win32 related patched

Jaroslaw Staniek js at iidea.pl
Fri Oct 21 09:08:13 BST 2005

David Faure said the following, On 2005-10-19 12:31:
> On Wednesday 19 October 2005 11:51, Ralf Habacker wrote:
>
>>For example the opendir/readdir/closedir() stuff, which is hardcoded
>>into several places.
>
> Using QDir for such cases seems like the best solution to me.
>
> For the rest I agree with you, but the solution differs depending on the problem:
> in general C wrappers are ok, but when it's about chmod() a #ifdef Q_OS_UNIX is still necessary :)

1. There's int _chmod( const char *filename, int pmode ) in win32 API too,
which can be wrapped if some of unix 'pmode's are not accepted by win32.
2. Unless we're looking for solution that needs to be very fast at low level
(quite rare case), there's QFile::setPermissions() in Qt4...

--
regards / pozdrawiam,
  Jaroslaw Staniek / OpenOffice Polska