Add application/x-mplayer2 mime to kdelibs?

Koos Vriezen koos.vriezen at xs4all.nl
Mon Oct 10 22:13:40 BST 2005

On Saturday 08 October 2005 01:38, David Faure wrote:
> The rule is clear by now: we should do not install mimetypes
> from other packages than kdelibs. To avoid this kind of problem, and to
> let KDE recognize the files you get by mail even if you don't have the right
> KDE package or application installed

How can kdelibs ship all mimes out there? Btw. KDE could know about it, it
complains about missing entries from .desktop files building the system
config cache. So there is a chance to add it and link it to the application.

> You can't just copy .desktop files around, you would need to copy all
> the translations from desktop_kdemultimedia.po to desktop_kdelibs.po
> in each and every language, otherwise the nightly script ("scripty") will
> just remove your copied translations from the kdelibs .desktop file.
>
> I think this is something for trunk only, unless someone writes the script
> to move the translations around...

Or adding one w/o translations? (Alternative is KDE not recognizing the files
you get by mail if you don't have the right KDE package or .. :-))

Koos