Add application/x-mplayer2 mime to kdelibs?

David Faure faure at kde.org
Fri Oct 7 23:38:33 BST 2005

On Saturday 08 October 2005 00:25, Koos Vriezen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> For what I know, both kaffeine and kmplayer install application/x-mplayer2
> mimetype and causing conflicts on distro's packages.

Ouch.
The rule is clear by now: we should do not install mimetypes
from other packages than kdelibs. To avoid this kind of problem, and to
let KDE recognize the files you get by mail even if you don't have the right
KDE package or application installed. (You know that, but others might not
so this is an opportunity to repeat it :)

> The protocol pnm is
> another one, but we have uri/pnm now.
> Both mentioned players are in KDE's svn and these .desktop have lots of
> translations lines already, so anyone objects to copy these to the
> kdelibs 3.5 branch?

You can't just copy .desktop files around, you would need to copy all
the translations from desktop_kdemultimedia.po to desktop_kdelibs.po
in each and every language, otherwise the nightly script ("scripty") will
just remove your copied translations from the kdelibs .desktop file.

I think this is something for trunk only, unless someone writes the script
to move the translations around...