kpersonalizer

Jakub Stachowski stachowski at hypair.net
Fri Oct 7 11:39:22 BST 2005

Dnia piątek, 7 października 2005 12:18, Guillaume Laurent napisał:
> Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> >On Friday 07 October 2005 11:52, Stephan Kulow wrote:
> >>That's something else I think we should take care of: removing single
> >>click where it kind of proved to cause more problems than fixing ;(
> >
> >I couldn't care less if the default were double click, I can change that,
> > but I'd really hate to have to use it. I'm also already dreading the day
> > when I will have to explain to the KDE users I know that now they will
> > have to double click. I can see them ganging up on me, shouting "why
> > can't I open that file anymore? Why did you break my kde?".
>
> Not to beat again that dead horse, but after trying for a couple of
> years to use single-click in konq's file manager mode, I gave out and
> enabled double-click.

That's a single case. There are lots of users that don't have any problems
with single-click and really don't want to be forced to change their habits.

> Now I no longer waste time trying to properly
> select the files I want by shift/ctrl/alt/meta/schmurtz-right-clicking
> and opening them by mistake. I really fail to see how single-click is
> user-friendly in a file manager, given that the basic action is to
> *select* a file, not to open it,

Really? Somehow i don't see much use in selecting files just for fun. Either
you open them, drag or do something else (right click) - easy with single
click.

> and I'm quite sure it's just a
> "not-like-windows" feature that pleases zealots.

Yeah, right.