kpersonalizer

Thomas Zander zander at kde.org
Fri Oct 7 10:42:55 BST 2005

On Friday 07 October 2005 11:37, Benjamin Meyer wrote:
> Page 2:
> System behavior: i.e. double click or single click, mouse focus...  <-
> This is very technical for a new user.

Bullshit. The user can choose if he wants mac or windows behavior.
Nothing technical about it.
I find it very unhelpful  how you spew unfounded accusations in an effort
to remove an application you somehow don't see the usage of. Fact is that
KDE targets a huge audience.  If you look at the persona's usability
efforts you will have some facts to talk about instead of waving hand and
making claims about user-habits you have no idea about.

Now; go and fetch a new Windows user and let him either use the
kpersonalizer or give him kubuntu and let him figure out how to change
the double/single click behavior.  After doing so, please tell me which
one had less problems finishing this task.

> Page 4: widget style <- If they change this they will change this every
> week in kcontrol anyway

That assertion is also in conflict with known fact and intuition.
--
Thomas Zander