D pointers

Thomas Braxton brax108 at cox.net
Sat Oct 1 19:28:57 BST 2005

On Saturday 01 October 2005 01:23 pm, Michael Pyne wrote:
> Good idea, but I don't think this is useful in practice.  AFAIK the
> optimization of any such code would depend on the "register-neediness" of
> the surrounding code.  Perhaps having functions that had a few loops around
> calls to this->d->foo would be more realistic, although I'm sure someone
> smarter than myself can think of a better testcase.
This just shows how the code in a library such as kdelibs would look

> I think -O3 is unrealistic as well.  Either -O2 or -Os would be a better
> real-world flag IMHO.
Actually you get the same output with whatever kdelibs is currently compiling
with for --enable-debug, I wanted to see if it could be optimized more, but
it wasn't. I figured the output of one of kdecore's files would be a little
too large.