KDateTime: next iteration

Brad Hards bradh at frogmouth.net
Tue Nov 29 10:33:55 GMT 2005

On Tuesday 29 November 2005 21:07 pm, Nicolas Goutte wrote:
> On Tuesday 29 November 2005 10:34, Brad Hards wrote:
> > Any thoughts about handling leap seconds?
>
> Where do you see the need?
I am interested in conversion between GPS time and UTC, however I am sure that
there are a lot of people who care about identifying activities to within a
second (security logging, astronomy, scientific experiment control, and
almost certainly more)

> (Also the problem is QTime, which does not support 60 and 61 seconds.)
I haven't looked at the detail, I was just querying about whether there was
any intention to support it, and if so, how. If it is an implementation limit
that there is no support for leap seconds, that is probably worth
documenting.

Brad