KDE4 porting mailing list?

Nicolas Goutte nicolasg at snafu.de
Mon Nov 28 08:38:26 GMT 2005

On Sunday 27 November 2005 18:39, Stefan Winter wrote:
> Hi,
>
> apologies for the dumb "I-can't-use-Google" question: is there any mailing
> list about the current status of porting KDE to Qt4, ideally where I could
> place questions about specific caveats?
> In case there isn't, my current problem with getting kdenetwork/wifi
> KWiFiManager to work properly again is:
>
> QFile apparently doesn't like reading from /proc any more. When I
> open /proc/net/dev with QIODevice::readOnly, I get pos()=0, atEnd=true and
> thus can't read anything out of the file. I've read about QIODevice
> changing behaviour wrt to sequential/non-sequential files, but I didn't
> find a solution to deal with the file properly.

I think that this should be reported to Qt Bugs.

A possible solution would be to add a member function to manually force QFile
in the sequential mode. (If unlike Qt3, it cannot be done anymore in
QIODevice, it can still be done in QFile.)

Currently QFile (on Unix-like operating systems) only sets sequential mode for
a character, block or FIFO device, if I understand Qt's source code.

(...)

Have a nice day!