KDE4 porting mailing list?

Stefan Winter swinter at kde.org
Sun Nov 27 17:39:12 GMT 2005

Hi,

apologies for the dumb "I-can't-use-Google" question: is there any mailing
list about the current status of porting KDE to Qt4, ideally where I could
place questions about specific caveats?
In case there isn't, my current problem with getting kdenetwork/wifi
KWiFiManager to work properly again is:

QFile apparently doesn't like reading from /proc any more. When I
open /proc/net/dev with QIODevice::readOnly, I get pos()=0, atEnd=true and
thus can't read anything out of the file. I've read about QIODevice changing
behaviour wrt to sequential/non-sequential files, but I didn't find a
solution to deal with the file properly.

The code fragment and debug output for this problem is:

QFile procnetdev("/proc/net/dev");
if ( !procnetdev.open (QIODevice::ReadOnly) ) {
  kdDebug () << "Unable to open /proc/net/dev" << endl;
  return liste;
};
kdDebug () << "Autodetecting, QFile pos() = " << procnetdev.pos() << endl;
kdDebug () << "QFile thinks it has"
                 << (procnetdev.atEnd() ? " " : " not ")
                 << "reached the end." << endl;

kwifimanager: Autodetecting, QFile pos() = 0
kwifimanager: QFile thinks it has reached the end.

And the result of a "cat /proc/net/dev" is non-empty, of course:
Inter-|   Receive                                                |  Transmit
 face |bytes    packets errs drop fifo frame compressed multicast|bytes
lo: 1940135   17281    0    0    0     0          0         0  1940135
eth0:       0       0    0    0    0     0          0         0        0
sit0:       0       0    0    0    0     0          0         0        0
eth1:478424193 10152692

Thanks,

Stefan Winter

--