XQuery & Dates/Times [was Re: KDateTime: new revised version]

Frans Englich frans.englich at telia.com
Sun Nov 27 02:01:54 GMT 2005

On Sunday 27 November 2005 01:00, David Jarvie wrote:
> On Friday 25 Nov 2005 11:50, Shaheed wrote:
> > >
> > > With XQuery(and related technologies & specifications) there have been
> > > a notable tumult concerning dates & times, in particular timezones.
> > >
> > > The i18n Working Group produced a Note on this topic, it might be an
> > > interesting read:
> > >
> > > http://www.w3.org/TR/timezone/
> >
> > A very helpful reference. David, might it be worth adding a pointer to
> > this to the dox for KTimezone*?
>
> Yes, it's a useful write-up. Thanks, Frans.

No problem.

> I'm not sure about putting
> references to external sites into the documentation,

I often use the @see tag combined with a HTML link. An example:

 * @see <a href="http://www.w3.org/TR/xpath20/#id-ebv">XML
 * Path Language (XPath) 2.0, 2.4.3 Effective Boolean Value</a>

The result in the HTML export is a "See Also" section, with the link
enumerated.

Some kinds of code can be difficult to grasp, actually because what it
implements is hard to understand. For example, a string class deals with
relatively familiar concepts when compared to some obscure part of a spec. In
cases like the latter I find links to very valuable, to give a hint what it's
all about.

I'm not sure what makes you hesitate; from a technical doxygen perspective I
see no obstacles with using references to external sites. At least, when done
as in the above example.

Cheers,

		Frans