KDateTime: revised version

Nicolas Goutte nicolasg at snafu.de
Tue Nov 22 04:08:26 GMT 2005

On Monday 21 November 2005 15:51, Olivier Goffart wrote:
> Le Lundi 21 Novembre 2005 03:14, David Jarvie a écrit :
> > Attached is revised code for a new KDateTime class. There are various
> > minor changes in response to comments.
>
> Why are constructors explicit ?

Probably to avoid conversion mess like we have in some classes in KDE3.

> it may be interesting to allow implicit conversion from QDateTime to the K
> one.

Yes, but, as far as I see, the current constructors seems to drop the
information whatever QDateTime is in local time or in UTC. So it is better
not to have implicit conversions.

Of course, perhaps it would be nice to have a QDateTime to KDateTime
contructor that use the state of QDateTime instead of trying to force the
state. (That is something that I have missed.)

Have a nice day!