Possible showstopper in KDesktop

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Thu Nov 17 21:38:15 GMT 2005

On Thursday 17 November 2005 20:52, Stephan Kulow wrote:
> On Thursday 17 November 2005 20:48, Kevin Krammer wrote:
> > >
> > > Try enabling previews for text files.
> > > RMB -> Configure desktop  => behavior => file icons => check 'text
> > > files'.
> >
> > Ah, yes I see it now.
> >
> > So we don't want preview for application/x-desktop, correct?
>
> Very true :)

The first attached patch (previewjob.diff, kdelibs/kio/kio/) does not look for
further possibilities if the MIME type is application/x-desktop and there is
not explicit thumbnail handler for it.

I also investigated if it would be possible to have icons on the desktop and
still have preview in the tool tips.

This can be achieved using the second patch (konq_iconviewwidget.diff,
kdebase/libkonq/)

Sorry for causing a bug report by fixing a less severe problem.
Damn sideeffects!

Cheers,
Kevin

--