Need help with kdesktop patch

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Wed Nov 16 18:37:55 GMT 2005

On Wednesday 16 November 2005 10:22, Kevin Krammer wrote:
> http://bugs.kde.org/attachment.cgi?id=13477&action=view
> (kcontrol/background)

reads ok. haven't test it yet, however.

> http://bugs.kde.org/attachment.cgi?id=13482&action=view
> (kdesktop)

not that it matters overly much here because these aren't in a hot path, but
for loops like:

for (unsigned i=0; i < m_Renderer[sdesk]->numRenderers(); ++i)

it's usually a good idea to cache the value instead of calling it every time
through the loop.

something that stood out was these two changes:

-    KDesktopSettings::setLimitCache( (bool) bLimit );
-    KDesktopSettings::setCacheSize( size );
     KDesktopSettings::writeConfig();

and

-    KDesktopSettings::setCommonDesktop( m_bCommon );
     KDesktopSettings::writeConfig();

where is the change being made to KDesktopSettings (and if nowhere, why write
the config file out)? i couldn't find a place where the settings object was
getting updated; should it be?

> The last two are not so important:
> http://bugs.kde.org/attachment.cgi?id=13483&action=view

why have backgroundConfigureDone when it just calls internalConfig? just
connect the signal to internalConfig and be done, no?

> http://bugs.kde.org/attachment.cgi?id=13484&action=view

looks harmless.

i'll test after we're doing chewing over the above items =)

also, since this has been there since 3.4.0 and isn't an overly serious issue,
this probably doesn't need to be in 3.5.0 (certainly 3.5.1 though) so we're
in no massive hurry.

certainly a lot of work to get kiosk right there =)

--
Aaron J. Seigo