moving KNotification in kdelibs.

Benjamin Meyer ben at meyerhome.net
Wed Nov 16 14:50:08 GMT 2005

On Monday 14 November 2005 11:04 am, Olivier Goffart wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I have developed KNotiofy, a replacement for KNotifyClient
> It is actually in kopete:
> http://websvn.kde.org/*checkout*/trunk/KDE/kdenetwork/kopete/libkopete/knot
>ification.cpp
> http://websvn.kde.org/*checkout*/trunk/KDE/kdenetwork/kopete/libkopete/knot
>ification.h The new daemon is in  branches/work/kde4_knotify

Just to agree with Aaron about unit testing. (Unit test hint-o-day: using
QSignalSpy you can make sure your signals are emited at the right time).  At
the simplest level you can try calling each function with bad, out of bounds
arguments and make behave properly.  Unit tests are very important for
classes in kdelibs.

Thank you for documenting all the functions.  I think the only big thing
missing is a code example in the overview.   (example:
http://doc.trolltech.com/4.1/qtextstream.html#details)   Having 10 lines of
code can make a developer very quickly understand how the class works and is
very often copied as template code in there application so name the variables
good :).

All of your private slots can be made into Q_PRIVATE_SLOT's and then the
actual function could be moved into the private class (not polluting the
namespace and removing BIC problems down the road).  See
src/gui/widgets/qtextedit.h for an example, make sure the moc file is
included in the cpp (what I always forget to do).

-Benjamin Meyer

--
aka icefox
Public Key: http://www.icefox.net/public_key.asc