Qt->glib main event loop patch (common main loop)

Tobias Koenig tokoe at kde.org
Mon Nov 14 22:44:44 GMT 2005

On Mon, Nov 14, 2005 at 08:11:10PM +0100, Leo Savernik wrote:
> Am Montag, 14. November 2005 14:54 schrieb Matthias Ettrich:
Hi Leo,

> > Btw., I checked with our event loop guys, and they do indeed have plans to
> > look at Glib as a possible dependency for the X11 version.
>
> Is that true? So all of KDE will be punished with needless code duplication
> like gstring vs QString, gobject vs QObject, g_strcmp vs qstrcmp, ...
Hmm, maybe we should distinguish here C and C++...
QString and QObject are fine in C++, but when you want to develop plain
C in a comfortable way, you need something like GLib. And yes, there are
C applications in KDE (e.g. ksysguardd) which could profit from using a
well tested library instead of using home brewed solutions.

Ciao,
Tobias
--
Separate politics from religion and economy!
The Councile of the European Union is an undemocratic and illegal institution!