Qt->glib main event loop patch (common main loop)

Gary Greene greeneg at phoenuxos.com
Sat Nov 12 19:36:41 GMT 2005

On Saturday 12 November 2005 1:56 pm, Martin Konold wrote:
> Am Samstag, 12. November 2005 19:07 schrieb Cornelius Schumacher:
>
> Hi,
>
> > > IMHO Rudi is the better, more generic, more robust and most flexible
> > > approach.
> >
> > How can you embed a KPart in a GTK program with Rudi?
>
> Yes, provied that GTK supports RuDI. Though the proposed event loop patch
> will not provide this functionality.
>
> Last but not least embedding was not the topic and the main aspect of Rudi
> is not about embedding but about plain using of desktop services like file
> dialogs, printing, telephone integration, io slaves, icon loading,....
>
> Regards,
> -- martin

If you re-read nf2's post on this, apparently it DOES allow Gtk+ apps to use
KParts. I quote:

B) GParts
Another interesting project which would benefit from a common main loop,
is GParts (http://gparts.blogspot.com/).
Dmitry M. Shatrov gave me some demo-code which worked well with the
patched Qt. One example embeds KTHML into a Gtk+ window. I put a
screenshot here: http://www.scheinwelt.at/~norbertf/common_main_loop/

--
Gary L. Greene, Jr.
Sent from uriel

Developer and Project Lead for PhoeNUX OS.
 check out http://www.phoenuxos.com/ for more info.
EMAIL : greeneg at phoenuxos.com