The future of KAction

Andras Mantia amantia at kde.org
Sat Nov 12 19:09:21 GMT 2005

On Saturday 12 November 2005 09:04, you wrote:
> * Quanta (TagAction) uses it to detect emulated actions only.  The
> reason isn't too clear (perhaps the Andras et. al. could fill us in)

Regarding the activated() signal, we just need it to catch the
activation inside the class which is derived from KAction. The code
associated with what happens when the TagAction is activated is in the
TagAction object itself.
A virtual method which is called when the user activates the action and
which can be reimplemented in a subclass is also fine for me.

I'm more afraid of what will break regarding the plugging/unplugging of
actions into widgets and the changes in KToolbar and KActionCollection
though.

Andras