Proposed new KDateTime class

Benjamin Meyer ben at meyerhome.net
Fri Nov 11 14:58:04 GMT 2005

On Tuesday 08 November 2005 5:00 pm, David Jarvie wrote:
> Now that the time zone classes have been updated, there is a need to be
> able to handle date/times which have an associated time zone. I attach a
> proposed new kdecore class, KDateTime, which represents a date/time with an
> associated time zone. The aim is to make time zone handling as automatic as
> possible when manipulating dates and times. Its interface is very similar
> to QDateTime, but it is not inherited from QDateTime mainly because
> QDateTime's methods are not virtual.

You don't inherit from QDateTime so I recommend coping the api exactly when
possible.

> The code compiles, but I until I finish the test program is untested. Note
> that if the new class is committed, the time zone classes will need to be
> amended to handle the new class.
>
> Comments please. (Note that I am going away and won't be able to respond
> for a few days.)

Header simple comments:

kill the @file, there is no point to it.
remove the _ start and end of the define
timeZone v.s. timezone - one should be picked
setTime_t argument can just be "seconds"
Should there be an operator= for QDateTime?

The docs look good (from quickly skimming), thank you for taking the time.
The only think I would think you might want to add an example code usage to
the class intro.

Can you create an autotest using the qttestlib for the class?

-Benjamin Meyer

--
aka icefox
Public Key: http://www.icefox.net/public_key.asc