dcopserver and KDE4

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Thu Nov 10 20:18:05 GMT 2005

On Thursday 10 November 2005 15:12, Thomas Braxton wrote:
> > It could be related to the fact that the two people who know those
> > protocols the most weren't present....
>
> so do we still need to support dcopserver making a link to the KDE2 name?
> If not can I commit the changes to dcop/dcopserver.cpp?
>
> kded/khostname.cpp also uses dcopServerFileOld(), but I'm not as sure how
> to change that because it looks like the whole KHostname::changeDcop()
> function can be removed. IIUC it is converting an old (KDE2) file to a new
> (KDE3+) file.

   Until we see concrete evidence that this will never be used, please do not
remove it.  I just don't see why we should risk breaking KDE2 applications if
we don't need to at this point.  I've even recently seen KDE1 applications!
It's only a few lines of code, doesn't harm anyone, and really is worth far
less than the massive thread it's created.  If it ain't broke.........

--
George Staikos
KDE Developer				http://www.kde.org/