KDE (vs GNOME)

Alexander Dymo adymo at mksat.net
Wed Nov 9 16:48:11 GMT 2005

According to Jef Raskin (http://jef.raskincenter.org/home/)
#1,#2,#3 and #4 would be not that good ideas (at least I make such
conclusions after reading his works).
In short:
#1 - step to the next level breaks user's habits and makes
user's knowledge void.	- "bad"
#2 - computer system becomes "modal", it behaves differently
when a new mode is used.	-"bad"
#3 - there's no clean division between beginner and advanced
users therefore advanced options are useless.	-"bad"
#4 - "hidden" word is the source of a problem - no possibility to
learn.	-"bad"

PS: usability is like a history - we read the same materials and observe
the same facts but make different conclusions ;)