KDE (vs GNOME)

Torsten Rahn torsten.rahn at credativ.de
Wed Nov 9 16:23:06 GMT 2005

Am Mittwoch, 9. November 2005 15:31 schrieb Matthias Ettrich:
> On Wednesday 09 November 2005 12:04, Vinay Khaitan wrote:
> > Can I have the previous discussion link ?
>
> http://usability.kde.org/activity/recent/userlevels.php

If you want to see a desktop environment which promotes user levels all over
the desktop try to get "Geoworks", a nice OS which was available around 1992
and has subsequently been sold as "New Deal Office" and "Breadbox" (about
four 3.5" floppy discs IIRC -- those were the times ... ) :

http://www.breadbox.com/

It contains a complete desktop including all the tools you need and an office
package. Really nice and years ahead of it's competitors back then.

It contains user-levels in every application and desktop-wide. If you play
around with them you'll soon realize why user-levels aren't as good as one
might think at first.

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards,

        Torsten Rahn

--
Dipl.-Phys. Torsten Rahn, credativ GmbH
Karl-Heinz-Beckurts-Str. 13, 52428 Jülich, Germany
Email: Torsten.Rahn at credativ.de