KDE (vs GNOME)

Paulo Moura Guedes moura at kdewebdev.org
Wed Nov 9 00:57:02 GMT 2005

On Tuesday 08 November 2005 10:14, Stephan Binner wrote:
> On Tuesday 08 November 2005 02:09, Paulo Moura Guedes wrote:
> > I was just reading the news about Novell and noticed some people are
> > having It is said a lot that KDE applications are bloated with actions
> > and The user could choose his skill level globally, on Control Center,
> > and per
>
> User levels don't work, see previous discussions.

You say they don't work because of those discussions or because there are real
evidences that suggest this approach will fail?

> Citing such reports as
> argumentation for it is poor and doesn't change this fact.

I wasn't aware of previous discussions so I'm not citing anything :)
Though I was not thinking I was the first to remember about it. I know one
application who does it already, it is Nero and I'm sure there should be
more.

I think it's not right to expect something to be proved to work before it is
tried out. One couldn't know if DCOP would work, or even KDE... people are
even considering to switch to DBUS over DCOP!
That's the beauty of OSS and KDE development. If something doesn't work, it is
designed and implemented in another way. It's all fun :)

Paulo