KRecentFilesAction

Andras Mantia amantia at kde.org
Tue Nov 8 09:14:14 GMT 2005

On Tuesday 08 November 2005 10:51, Andras Mantia wrote:
>  I will look at it.

Well, this issue is more complex, than I thought. The problem is that
you rely that KRecentFilesAction::items() returns a list with URLs, but
now it returns a string that has the URL in it as well:
nicename [URL]

It is not that simple that I override items() in KRecentFilesAction to
return the URL, as this method is called in the upper KListAction and
KSelectAction classes to build the menu, modify the items and so.

So the solutions are:
- revert what I did. I would be sad.
- rewrite KRecentFileAction, so it does not depend on
KListAction/KSelectAction and does what we want. It is possible, but
this close to the freeze it is dangerous.
- add a new method to KRecentFileAction called urls() or files() which
return what you want and you have to use an #ifdef to call the right
version, if kst should run on KDE 3.4 or lower. I'd prefer this one,
even if this means some kind of behavioral incompatibility. The new way
of working is there since July, so I'd assume not too many applications
relied on items() returning a list of files. If we go this way, I will
document the change as well.

Andras