Moving 3.5 development into branches/KDE/3.5

Andras Mantia amantia at kde.org
Tue May 31 12:00:12 BST 2005

On Tuesday 31 May 2005 09:20, Stephan Kulow wrote:
>  Now we have to make sure to find the balance between
> a) getting KDE 3.5 out at all and b) getting KDE 4 out in an
> overseeable future.

As people already started to work like there will be a KDE 3.5, I think
we should have it. So set up a roadmap for 3.5 (freeze in July, release
in August for example) so application developers can know when to stop
working on 3.5 and proceed with KDE 4 after. This way for akademy the
3.5 will be out, everybody can focus on KDE4, and maybe the libraries
for KDE4 will be more stable and usable for application developers.

Andras

PS: I don't care which branch is called 3.5 and which is KDE 4...