KDEPrint needs maintainer / developer(s) [I'm retiring somehow]

Cristian Tibirna tibirna at kde.org
Tue May 31 04:23:31 BST 2005

On 25 May 2005 04:43, Goffioul Michael wrote:
> So I wanted to let everybody know that I'm somehow retiring from KDEPrint
> development. What I mean by this is that I'll still keep an eye on it an
> try to help people as much as I can, but I won't be able to develop
> anymore. I hope to find someone to replace me.  I really enjoyed developing
> kdeprint.

I will make an attempt at slowly taking over from Michael.

He had already very kindly provided me with a wealth of valuable information
that allows me to kickstart knowledge harvesting. Michael was also so kind as
to promise to keep a careful eye on his baby, ready to provide insight and
direction when needed.

I will be able to reserve about 10h/week for KDE work from now until October
(afterwards, I will try to reserve more). The most of it will be directed to
the kde printer technologies.

I will try to split this time about 2/3 for KDE4 porting/development and 1/3
for bugfixing in KDE3.4/3.5.

(For KDE4, KPrinter needs quite a bit of work, as QPainter/QPaintDevice::cmd()
got replaced -- somehow -- by QPaintDevice/QPaintEngine; this is quite a bit
of reading/work)

You understand from the details above, that any help is more than welcome. If
you feel like investigating bugs or helping with the porting, please step up.
stages.

Thank you for your attention

--
Cristian Tibirna