User interaction from KImgIo

Michael Ritzert kde at ritzert.de
Sun May 29 21:02:40 BST 2005

Hi all,

now that KDE 4 changes have started, I want to bring up and old thread
again: In http://lists.kde.org/?t=104220135500006&r=1&w=2 we discussed
how it could be possible to have KImgIO plugins interact with the user.
Everybody agreed that this would be nice to have, but the discussion how
to implement it given a fixed API in the pre-4 timeframe ended without a
conclusion.

So I would like to suggest that this be put on the KDE 4 feature list
(is there one already - I haven't found it on developer.kde.org?)

The implementation could be as simple as adding a QWidget* to be used as
the parent for dialogs and a bool to request action without user
interaction to the KImgIO interface.

Michael