Qt4addons module?

Christoph Cullmann cullmann at babylon2k.de
Fri May 27 10:13:30 BST 2005

On Friday 27 May 2005 10:08, Eva Brucherseifer wrote:
> > I wasn't thinking about a single library that has only a Qt dependency
> > (which would probably end up being kdecore, all over again). I was thinking
> > more about a single module containing several stand-alone parts, which are
> > already compiled to separate .so (as plugins), and which could potentially
> > be useful independent of KDE, and independent of each other.
>
> This would be very useful to Qt coders. Many of them don't want to link to all
> of KDE, but would use (and very likely also contribute to) single parts. IMHO
> we also should advertise more what we have.
and why they don't want to link against kdecore/kdeui and co? because there is no way to have
this working on windows atm (in a sane way), which is one of the top points of pure qt apps against kde apps
atm.. If we get this libs working with QT4 and windows, I don't think there is much point to outsource stuff,
as than most parts of kdelibs are general usable for pure qt apps everywhere.

cu
Christoph

--
Christoph Cullmann
KDE Developer, kde.org Maintainance Team
http://www.babylon2k.de, cullmann at kde.org