how to create apidocs for libraries?

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Tue May 24 21:07:30 BST 2005

On Tuesday 24 May 2005 18:02, mETz wrote:
> topic says it all, how to use admin/Doxyfile.am in a project. Right now
> Noatun has a selfmade "api" target which breaks with srcdir != builddir so
> I want to use something else. Also aKode is missing a target to create
> apidocs AFAICS.

include admin/Doxyfile.am

in each and every Makefile.am where docs might be generated, and in their
parents too. So start with the toplevel, add it there. Create a Mainpage.dox
with one big /** comment containing documentation with optional doxygen @em
markup */, re-create Makefile, run make apidox . Now add same include
(relative path, so add ../) to subdir with suitable doxied headers. Same
exercise. Docs show up in apidocs/ in builddir.

> Any help on where to include Doxyfile.am and how/if I can customize its
> output would be appreciated.

Take a look at what we do in kdepim -- we forked entirely, generate only HTML
docs with no graphics, and we do decent indexing across the entire module as
well as produce properly KDE-branded apidox. There's a _lot_ you can muddle
with. Look in kdepim/doc/api .

--
These are your friends - Adem
    GPG: FEA2 A3FE Adriaan de Groot