KRecentFilesAction improvement

David Faure faure at kde.org
Sun May 22 15:58:18 BST 2005

On Tuesday 10 May 2005 13:02, Andras Mantia wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  I suggest the following improvement for KRecentFilesAction: be able to
> specify a nice name for the entries when an URL is added. Useful in
> case of projects, but also for single files as well. If such a name is
> specified the entry will look like:
> Name [url]

Well the idea sounds good, but the patch will be buggy in case of filenames which
are of the form "foo [bar]" in the first place. The menu will then try to open "foo",
which doesn't exist. Border case, but I thought I'd mention it just in case :)

A KDE-4.0 solution is to escape '[' in filenames..... or to switch to the currently-elaborated
XDG standard http://devel.emmanuelebassi.net/papers/bookmark-spec-0.5.html
which supports naming the entries (since it's based on XBEL, at my request).